Born on 2 October 1869, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, popularly known as Mahatma Gandhi and Bapu, is a symbol of India’s freedom struggle. Throughout his life, Gandhi advocated and fought for non-violence, justice and truth. He inspires the nation and the world with his teachings and philosophy even today. It is difficult to be left untouched by his ideology, and what he has said about life in its myriad situations. Some famous Mahatma Gandhi quotes include “Honesty is the best policy”, “Service before Self” and “Cleanliness is next to godliness”. Here are some more to inspire people on Gandhi Jayanti, his birth anniversary.
On Gandhi Jayanti, Here Are 10 Famous Quotes By Mahatma Gandhi
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
- A man is but the product of his thoughts; what he thinks, he becomes.
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
- A nation’s culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people.
- Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
- If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
- The essence of all religions is one. Only their approaches are different.
- It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world.