The King Khan of Bollywood turns 53 today! Shah Rukh Khan was born on 2 November, 1965 in New Delhi to Taj Mohammed Khan and Lateef Fatima. Shah Rukh studied at St. Columba’s School where he received the Sword of Honor award (best student of the school). He completed his graduation in Economics (Hons) from the Hansraj College and went to Jamia Millia Islamia University to pursuea Masters in Mass Communication. He married his college love, Gauri Chibber, and has 3 children, Aryan and AbRam (sons) and a daughter, Suhana. Shah Rukh Khan first appeared in the television serial Fauji in 1989 and then, made a debut on silver screen, as a hero in the film Deewana in 1992. Since then, he never looked back and has given some of the biggest hits at the box office.
10 Interesting Facts About Shah Rukh Khan
- He earned his first salary by working as an escort at Pankaj Udhas’ concert in Delhi; he used this to go to Agra and see the Taj Mahal. He had also run a small restaurant business in Darya Ganj, old Delhi.
- Apart from Fauji, Shah Rukh has also done other television serials like Circus, Umeed, Wagle Ki Duniya, Mahan Karz,and English TV film “In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones”. SRK had hosted the third season of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’, ‘Kya Aap Panchvi Pass Se Tez hain?’ and ‘Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout’. Recently, he also hosted ‘TED Talks- India Nayi Soch’.
- For shooting the song “Chaiyya Chaiyya” for the movie “Dil Se”, he was the only person who was not tied to the running train; all the other dancers were tied for protection.
- The Badshah of Bollywood has played negative roles in six films (Darr, Baazigar, Anjaam, Duplicate, Don in 2006 and Don 2).The character of Shah Rukh Khan dies In 16 movies and is reborn in three films (Karan Arjun, Paheli and One).
- The superstar is obsessed with numerology and is said to be superstitious about number 555, believing the number to bring good luck for him. Consequently, all of his cars have the registered number 555. His e-mail ID also has the number.
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam conferred Shah Rukh with the Padma Shri Award in 2005. (Read – Dr APJ Abdul Kalam: Missile Man Who Became The People’s President)
- The ‘king of romance’ has a phobia of riding horses and does not like to eat ice-cream.
- He won the Zee Cine Award for best actor in 1998 but he transferred the award to Salman Khan and requested him to deliver the thank you speech.
- Along with being an amazing actor, SRK is also an intense family person! He has been married to Gauri Khan for 25 years.
- Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri’s third child, son AbRam, was born through surrogacy in May 2013. Other actors to opt for surrogacy include Aamir Khan, Farah Khan, Tusshar Kapoor and Sohail Khan.